Saturday, July 26, 2008

There's a Mole in our Midst

After much discussion with Ole, I’ve decided I won’t be attending the Great Javalina Hunt in October. The major reason is because of Ole’s health and the strong possibility that he may be having surgery on his leg in October. But there is one other reason for my not attending, and I might as well just put it out there for ya’ll to know because I'm VERY disappointed.

Remember, I’m a Minnesota girl – born and bred – grew up a conservative Norwegian Lutheran – and I admit that I’m naïve and a very trusting soul when it comes to people. I take folks at face value and expect them to be what they say they are. In turn – what you see – er – read is what you get. That’s me. No fluff, no pomp and circumstances, just me. That’s the way Ole is too, and I think we’ve raised Lovely Daughter to be the same way. There’s a term up here called “Minnesota Nice,” which means there’s some morals and ethics involved somewhere.

There is a foul wind that has blown up among some of those planning to attend the Javalina Hunt. It’s gotten rather ugly on both sides, and now has widened out to include several others. I’ve become very disillusioned with some of the Javalina Hunters, and all the backbiting and posturing that is taking place, not to mention trust issues – like sharing passwords to locked diaries, or passing on information that was entrusted to you by giving you the password to a private diary. You know who you are. I won’t mention names, but it wasn’t hard to figure out. Just the fact that I left a comment in Blogger #1's private diary, and immediately received a rather caustic and defensive email from Blogger #2 regarding that comment because I know that Blogger #2 didn’t have the password. The comment I left was certainly not negative about anyone; I was just asking a question. And I certainly feel that I should be able to make a comment in a LOCKED diary without fear of repercussions from an outsider – one who isn’t supposed to be there in the first place!! I guess I was very wrong when I thought I could trust mutual bloggers. There’s a mole in the midst.

Just to make things perfectly clear, I'm not now, nor have I in the past, taken sides with either Blogger #1 or #2. They each have their own opinion. Not having met either of them in person, and knowing that folks aren't always what they appear to be, I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. I could have dealt with that, but when the mole entered the picture things became a bit skewed. I can do nothing more than throw up my hands and excuse myself because I now have a trust issue.

And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad. And how ridiculous it all is. I have to say that I don't appreciate anyone who hacks into another's place. It makes me change my opinion of such a person, pronto. I also have issues with people who attack other people in their blog. It backfires, if you ask me.

I guess I'll just have to come back up there if I'm going to see my friends.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chance to talk earlier. It made all the difference in what's been spinning out around here. Thanks again. You rock!

Anonymous said...

I have found the blogosphere to be exactly like real life. In a way, you need to be wary just like in real life. The good news it that those you learn to trust are truly your friends....just like in real life. The Blogosphere is real life...with all it's drama, it's sadness and it's wonder friendships. Whenever there is a flare up there is a re-settling of alliances and sadly some friendships are shaken. Please stay the lovely, wonderful, trusting person you are....Your honesty and warmth come shining through in each and every post. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Recently *I* posted a comment in someone's private (and very locked) diary. Unfortunately, someone who was staying in her house broke her trust, hacked into her diary -- even though he'd been told in no uncertain terms by her AND others that he would not be given password access to it -- and read her entries and all the comments her readers had made. My comments -- and theirs -- were not negative either. They were constructive and supportive and amazingly neutral given the circumstances, but they DID involve the person who broke into the diary, and who wasn't supposed to be in there in the first place. His first reaction was to go on the attack (what a surprise) and write a "poor me" diary entry of his own, scathingly accusing all of us commenters of being disloyal and dishonest and two-faced. Then, a little later when the locked diary's writer finally discovered the depths of his bare-faced lies and betrayals and called him on them, he systematically trashed her good name, her reputation, her honesty and her morals (none of which he'd had a problem with previously; in fact he was downright defensive of them) while conveniently glossing over his own sordid and pathetic role in the whole affair. I agree with you completely, Lena: I have no time whatsoever for moles in the midst, either. But I take consolation in knowing that moles almost always end up being whacked by the weight of their own duplicity! (And I truly hope Ole feels better soon.) Love, R xxx

bluesleepy said...

This whole thing has just made me very, very sad. Right now I don't know which end's up, and it's really a terrible feeling. You know, I didn't think this would happen to my friends... but I guess it does happen to anyone.

JustMe said...

I'm not sure who you think the mole is; I know it wasn't me. I'm sorry you won't come to the Javelina Hunt, it would have been fun to meet you and have you there. I sincerely hope Ole gets better....

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to plan on going to the javelina hunt due to my own circumstances, but I'm sorry to hear you aren't going in part because of the mess that went on. The whole thing is very sad. There is only one person that I know of that acted poorly and outright wrong on many different levels, and all I can say is that I hope that person starts to look inward instead of attacking those around him to make excuses for his actions. It's sad how the actions of one can so greatly affect so many other people.
Sounds as if Ole is finally getting great care and that you are comfortable with that care he is getting...that is awesome! Here's to future healing and mending with no hiccups along the way for Ole!
Oh....PS.... I know all about MN Nice! Born and raised! And you know what? Traveling/living in so many different parts of the country and now in Canada...it is even more evident to me how TRUE that blanket statement is! :-)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I am feeling a bit of the same thing myself. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be Minnesota Nice. I've gotten bitten more than once just by being in the middle.