Monday, January 7, 2008

JANE!!!!!

I have a confession to make:

I came home from the Watering Hole about two hours ago (it’s half price burger night) and I was so upset that I proceeded to imbibe – not in one drink, not in two, but in three drinks, (and there may be more to come) and it hasn’t settled my attitude yet. Fortunately I don’t drink very often, but when I do it’s not a mixed drink, it’s on the rocks – so after three I’m slightly – no - more than slightly in the bag and still angry, which is not a good combination.

Guess who is at the root of my anger tonight – JANE!! I haven’t written much about Jane lately, but tonight her ethics and morals really torqued me, so please bear with my ramblings. Maybe I have TOO MANY ethics and morals, as they caused me to leave a very good paying job about eight years ago. But this time the lack of ethics and morals on Jane’s part is really causing me to blow my stack because she’s treating a very good friend of mine very unfairly.

A bit of background:

Ole and I are good friends with another couple that I haven’t written about previously. We’ll call them Bill and Lila. This is the second marriage for both of them and I think they’ve finally found true love in each other. They are the sweetest people, so devoted to each other and so sincerely nice – to everyone. They take a very active interest in church and in the community and are a big plus in both respects.

Now I’m not sure why this issue is bothering me so much because Ole and I don’t live within the village limits, but Bill and Lila do, and have a vested interest in village politics. There’s some real interesting dirt going on in the village politics that needs to be straightened out. A seat on the village council has become available due to a council member moving away. So to fulfill the vacancy and the remainder of the term this will be an appointed position until the next election. Now Bill has decided that he would like to become involved in village politics and submitted his letter of intent to the City Clerk, who just happens to be JANE.

Jane doesn’t like Bill for personal reasons, so went about coercing Alice, her best friend, into submitting a letter of intent for the council position. Now I need to clarify this; Jane is Alice’s best friend according to Alice, but, according to Jane, Alice is not Jane’s best friend. Did you get that? Alice worships the ground Jane walks on and tries to emulate her (total jackass), but the only reason Jane has anything to do with Alice is because she can control her down to the inth degree. Did you get all that?

Now – the interview of the prospective council members will be on Wednesday night, and there are specific questions that the interviewees will be asked. Tonight, as we were sitting around the table eating our burgers it came out that Jane had given Alice a copy of the questions to be asked so that Alice can be completely prepared with elaborate and proper answers. This insures that Alice will become the new appointed council member and Jane can control Alice’s votes and get her to vote the way Jane wants.

Was Bill given a copy of the questions? Not on your life.

Is this an unfair advantage? You bet.

Ole and I currently don’t live within the village limits, but I grew up here and have what I consider a vested interest in the happenings. I would very much like to see Bill get the seat on the council because he could/would get these issues straightened out. Alice will not, because Jane doesn’t want them straightened out.

So maybe I have truly overstepped my bounds tonight but here’s what I did: When I got home I called Bill and informed him that he would be answering a series of questions at his interview, and that Alice already had a copy and would be fully prepared. Just wanted to give him a heads up.

THEN I called Bob (of Bob and Carol friends), as Bob is Vice Mayor and informed him that Jane had given Alice a copy of the questions. He was quite surprised and very interested. He said he would take it up with the Mayor as he felt this was quite unfair and unethical. He said he would see to it that something was done about it – whether it’s in reference to Jane and her unethical behavior or something else that remains to be seen.

I’m at a point now where I don’t care whether Jane finds out I’m the one that spilled the beans or not. I’m ready and waiting for her with both barrels. Just let me get a shot off. I have good aim and will hit her right between the eyes.

Stayed tuned for further episodes of the soap opera.

(Hope all these ramblings made sense – if not – it’s the fault of the alcohol. I’ve about had all I can take of Jane anymore.)

12 comments:

art sez: said...

good! what jane did was not only unethical, but immoral, and more than likely, illegal! you did the right thing, and now that the mayor knows, i betcha there will be an investigation, and maybe jane will get fired, and possibly thrown in jail!

i just woke up BTW, and when i seen your email for the linky, "JANES DEAD!!" i was shocked, as i thought jane was graveyard dead!! yeeeeee!!!!!

Yvonne said...

You were 1,000% in the right to let Bob know what Jane had done. This might be the end of Janie-poohs reign of terror. I can't wait for the next installment of Jane Gets What's Coming To Her, Finally!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Girl!!!!!! You did the right thing. I hope there are serious consequences for Jane. Some people never learn.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for being a responsible citizen of a democratic society! That Jane needs to be bannished to North Korea. I'll donate for the plane fare!

bluesleepy said...

We need more people like you in the world, Lena. People for whom morals and ethics are important. Too often people will do whatever it takes to get ahead, and I for one am sick of seeing it.

Good for you for trying to rectify the situation! I would love to see Jane thrown out on her controlling ass. And to use Alice like that for so many years just because she can control her... that's just sick. *sigh* Good for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO! You rock! I want the popcorn concession on this one!

Anonymous said...

Hah. I want Jane's JOB! She gets paid about $15/hr. and you don't have to live in city limits to have it! I'll have to talk to Bob if Jane is removed. Or even if she's not. *I* could have some morning hours, she can't!

Anonymous said...

Way to go LENA!!!! I wouldn't want to be Jane for sure. She has a ton and a half of nerve.

Anonymous said...

I have this picture of Jane in my mind and it's not very attractive. Local politics if fun isn't it? I'm proud of you for helping to reveal the truth.

YankeeChick said...

You done good!! Can't wait for the results of this one!

Anonymous said...

coming out of lurk mode to say I'm really proud of you. thanks for doing the right thing. I'd be furious too.

Connie

Anonymous said...

you did totally the right thing!