Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Three Cheers for the YaYa Mobile

I really should be outside running this huge magnet with wheels over the lawn and driveway to pick up all the nails and staples that have come flying off the roof while the roofing project was happening. I really should be out doing that while it’s not raining and before we get the heavy rains that are forecast for tomorrow. Ole is up on the roof all by himself finishing up some odds and ends making sure everything is sealed down and waterproof. He finished up the first half of the garage last night at 10:30 p.m. using a big construction light that he has. It’s so bright I’m sure you could see it from outer space – you know – just like the Luxor in Las Vegas. We’ve got the front half of the garage to go yet, but because of the forecast for tomorrow he’s going to leave it all intact and wait for a sunny day when he won’t have to fight the weather.

We have a tragedy in our midst, Bloggers. If you’ve been reading KitchenLogic2.0 for the last couple of months, you know that she’s had some issues in her family that are going to prevent her from going to the Great Javelina Hunt in October. I’m going to miss her dreadfully because we would have been two Minnesota-sisters-in-arms. We would have been excellent examples of what folks from the Far Nort’land are like. (She’s Norwegian, too, ya know.) But now I’m going to have to wing it on my own. That’s a heavy load to carry, but I’ll do my best.

So Ole and I were brainstorming the other night – that gets dangerous around this house. Just to let everyone know how generous Ole truly is he made this proposal: We plan on loading Ole’s little 1929 Model A that’s been street-rodded, onto a trailer, along with the Harley, and pull it behind the RV. Now Ole has a very strict philosophy about our motor home. It party’s 12, feeds 6, but only sleeps 2. Period. But Ole said that K-Lo could ride in the Model A on the trailer – all the way down to Tombstone – free – no fuel to buy – but ONLY if she promises to make motor noises when we’re on the road.


Just kidding, K-Lo. We’d love to have you come along – even inside the RV – but I know your circumstances and understand. We all yust need a little laugh even when things are on the bleak side. But isn’t that a cute word picture? Can’t you just see K-Lo riding in the Model A that’s on the trailer, windows rolled down, wind blowing through her hair, steering that steering wheel back and forth and making motor noises going down the interstate? Come on – you know it’s funny.

I’ve told you many times about the YaYa Sisters – the gals that went to school together from 1st through 12th grade and now get together periodically and laugh and have lots of fun? Well, one of the gals was in need of a car – just something to tool around town in when she’s running errands. She wanted something economical – hubby wanted something that she would be safe in. He bought her a 1965 Cadillac Deville convertible. It’s a hoot. We’re calling it the YaYa Mobile and we’re going to have a magnetic sign made up stating that. Our first road trip will be to a small town about 60 miles from here where one of our old high school friends owns a restaurant. We’ll have to pick a nice day so we can put the top down and wear scarves that blow in the wind just like the real YaYa’s did. We’re having SO much fun. I guess there are some positives about growing old older.

The YaYa Mobile - isn't it cute?

Well, I guess I better get my butt outside

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's VERY funny! Has she said yes? OMG! Please have her say yes! I am crossing everything I can cross for all the good luck on this!

Meggie Marchstives@gmail.com said...

I loved the YaYa's. I've probably read all the books twice, if not more. I'm so jealous!

art sez: said...

i love the ya ya mobile! thats MY kind of car!!! lets all rally behind klo and get her to come, shall we?

Anonymous said...

It is a very funny image that comes up picturing Klo in that car! I be you all had a few laughs over that. And the YaYa Mobile is wonderful!! That car just reeks of good fun to be had by you all.

bluesleepy said...

I can totally see KLo in that car, with scarves waving and making little puttering noises!! If you can get her to go with you, you'll have to try to take her photo doing all this. That would be so funny. I love the YaYa Mobile! What a stylin' car!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. I could sleep on top of Ole and I'd hardly take up any room.

OMG! I am too funny!

So...if you haven't received my earlier e-mail. I AM coming to Tombstone (Thor is tied up in the basement until I get back) But I'm going to pass on your generous offer to ride in that cute little car back on the trailer. I'm going to fly in. On a plane. In case you thought I might fly in on a broomstick. I don't have a broomstick. Jane stole it from me when I was up there to visit you!

I must have been out of my mind earlier to let Thor talk me out of coming. I forget how sensitive he is about money and me having fun without him, and leaving him home alone to watch the family fall apart while I'm away. But heck, it's not like the family isn't falling apart with me here. I might as well be with friends, and out of state while it happens.

Anonymous said...

WOW cool car!!! :) I want one. It will fit in so nice next to the 79 ford pickup. And it would annoy noisy neighbor Bob. :)