Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A DOUBLE NEENER ENTRY

A Double Neener is about all any Swede is capable of.

Okay – it’s official – the reservation for the Great Javelina Hunt has been secured.

You see, we aren’t too concerned about a shortage of hotel/motel rooms because we travel like turtles and bring our house along with us. I made reservations for our rig and Big Brother’s rig out at the Tombstone RV Park and Resort, just north of town a stone’s throw. We’re bringing both a car and the Harley so Ole can play taxi for me as I come and go to the various events. And Big Brother will come along to help keep Ole out of mischief while I’m busy with the Javelina Hunters. I think that’s pretty well planned out, don’t you?

I’ve printed off the Javelina Hunt registration form, will write a check and get that in the mail to the appropriate folks within the next couple of days. Javelina Hunters look out – here we come!!

After The Hunt our plan is to wander around the southwest for a while, possibly spending some time on the beaches of Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) in Mexico, visiting long time friends in Lake Havasu City, AZ, and definitely wending (neener) our way to Las Vegas where my nephew lives. We just may not come back north until the following spring because we haven’t traveled for the last two winters.

Anyway, by that time we should be good and bankrupt with the price of diesel doing what it’s doing.

Maybe I’ll have to have Ole and Big Brother set up shop on a street corner in Tombstone with a tin cup, asking for contributions to fill the tank of the RV. That would certainly keep them out of mischief, huh.

Let’s see. What else.

I spoiled myself today. I had a pedicure. It was so nice and relaxing that when I got home I had to take a nap. Senior Citizen Simon didn’t mind that at all. He noogied (neener) right down in the fluffy blanket I was relaxing under, rolled over on his back asking to have his belly rubbed, and snored up a storm. Sometimes he even drools, but you can expect that from any old man, can’t you?

Ole’s been quite frustrated today. It started raining last night and hasn’t stopped all day. That doesn’t make for good roofing weather for a garage that’s half stripped of its shingles. It did stop about an hour ago so leave it to Ole to be creative. He climbed up on the roof with the leaf blower and dried the tarpaper that way. I hear the thump of the airnailer now so he must be back in business.

Oh yes, by the way, all Javelina Hunters will be welcome to stop by our campsite for a visit if you would like to meet Ole. I know he’s got some paparazzi out there. You’ll be able to tell which rig is ours because Ole will be sitting out front wearing his Vikings helmet and munching on lefse. No lutefisk though. I promise I won’t pollute the clean, clear Arizona air. And then, as I was making our reservation online this morning, the thought came to mind about what kind of clothes should I bring along for the Javelina Hunt. What does one wear when hunting javelinas? I mean, other than carrying a wash cloth to wipe one’s arm down after the sticky puffy marshmallows have dripped all over, does the javelina have a preference? Well, I think I’ve solved that problem – here’s part of my wardrobe.

I think I'll bring along Ole's Red Ryder BB gun with the compass in the stock.

5 comments:

bluesleepy said...

A warm winter in the southwest?!? Sounds like the perfect prescription after that never-ending, snow-dumping winter y'all just came through this past season. Hopefully you won't have to go back to Minnesota until the snows are all gone!

art sez: said...

i guess you grabbed the registration form before i took it off, was the printing too small on it? or was it just right?

Anonymous said...

Oh woot! I am SOOO excited? Did the form print okay?

Anonymous said...

Cool outfit. :) Does it come in Purple and Gold?

Anonymous said...

I think Javelina hunters go topless and wear a breachcloth, no? If I am able to go, I have a freind from Lake Havesu who will come to Tucson to see me before I go home.