Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy IVGLDSW Day!!



I got this in an e-mail from one of the YaYa’s this morning and I wanted to share it with all of you. It says it’s for women, but I certainly don’t want to be sexist, so I’ll share with everyone – men included. Today is International Very Good Looking, Damn Smart Woman's Day. Remember this motto and live by it:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!’

I’m workin’ on it, Folks, how about you? I’ve got my chocolate in one hand, but I don’t do beer or wine so I’ll have to find a substitute for that, the ole’ bod’ is beginning to show signs of wear and tear, and I have been known to yell “WOO HOO” on more than one occasion.


Speaking of wine and those of you that I know are winos wine aficionados, Ole plans to bring a few bottles of his homemade wine along to the Great Javelina Hunt. (Don’t worry – it definitely won’t be a drunkfest .) He’s got his own label and everything – The Barefoot Winery, from the Valley of the Buffalo River. He wants all you wine lovers who might want to taste it to know that he always wears socks when he stomps on the grapes, so everything is totally sanitary. Besides that he’s been a blue ribbon winner at the county fair now for several years in a row. He doesn’t share his homemade wine with just ANYBODY, you know. You have to be very special people to be awarded that pleasure.

His homemade wine goes really good with a sheet of lefse smeared with butter and sugar or a few lingonberries. You non-ScandiHOOvians just don’t know what you’ve been missing all your life.

Speaking of non-ScandiHOOvians – I have some very special events planned for some of you. You can actually become honorary ScandiHOOvians at some point during the Javelina Hunt. What greater honor could you possibly want. There will be a very short course at the Uff Da University and you’ll get a diploma and everything!! How about that!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see those guys' HOO HOO DILLIES in the picture!!! Too funny!! I am looking forward to sampling the wine. And even though I am already Norwegian, looking forward to being a ScandiHOOvian with the best of 'em!

Anonymous said...

I tink I an honorary ScandiHOOvian by marriage but not sure.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. And here I was just telling people to bring velcro pajamas if they want to sleep on Ole's belly and he's so kindly offering his homemade wine. I should be ashamed of myself? And yet. I am not! I can't wait to par-tay with you two crazy kids AGAIN! People do not know the wonderfulness they are missing without having met you.

YankeeChick said...

I sure hope I'll qualify to become an honorary ScandiHOOvian!!! I can't wait to try!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm really good friends with the resident Norwegian here in town, does that make me an honorary ScandiHOOvian? And BTW, Jake says that it's certainly best to leave the lutefisk at home, because the javelina get jealous if anything smells worse than they do!

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I think I'm going to have that picture in my head for a long time...and wine doesn't sound too appealing to me at the moment :)

Anonymous said...

Do we have to eat lutefisk?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just can't get over the fact that those guys are bare-beam and buck-ass nekkid! What if they get pubes in the wine!?? And please, please tell me that one of those guys isn't Ole, OK?

And just where do you FIND photos of naked guys in wine vats? I really, really want to know, 'cause I'm just kinky that way!

Meggie Marchstives@gmail.com said...

I always knew I liked the YaYa's.