Thursday, April 24, 2008

Getting Dressed for the Wedding

Hey, Guys - thanks for all the input from yesterday's entry, but I decided I didn't like the gold dress after all. It was a mail order item and looked good on the internet, but when I tried it on the color was great as was the basic style, but what didn't show in the catalog was that it had puffy caps on the sleeves!! I felt like a little football player wearing big shoulder pads with those sleeves sticking up above my shoulders like they used to do back in the 80's. Ugh. So back that dress goes. I love the general style and that part looked good on me, I've found several others similarly styled and they don't look like they have puffy sleeve caps so I'll order them and see what's what. One of them comes in a deep teal, which should coordinate quite well. Lovely Daughter and I have two more bridal shops in town that we haven't visited and plan on doing that on Saturday morning.


I told Ole he's going to have to rent a tux. You can imagine the reaction I got from that. His response was, "You mean I can't go in my jeans and flannel shirt?" Remember, since he retired his standard attire is blue jeans and a flannel shirt with a t-shirt underneath. I don't think he's had a suit on since he retired although I kept three of them and they're still hanging in the closet. It's funny what happens to those suits and dress shirts. You hang them in a dark closet and they shrink!! Easter Sunday I thought he could at least wear a dress shirt and tie to church. When he came out of the bedroom he had the dress shirt on but no tie. When I asked why not he said the shirt had shrunk enough that he couldn't get the collar buttoned!! Hmmmm. Something's wrong here, don't cha' think?


Speaking of flannel shirts, you know it's summer when Ole finally quits putting a flannel shirt on in the morning. And that isn't usually until the 4th of July around here. We were working outside the other day and it was really nice. Warm sunshine and temps up in the 60's. He was helping me dig some bushes up and started complaining that he was too warm. But did he take his flannel shirt off? Not on your life - it's not the 4th of July yet, you know.


Also, can somebody let me know again what the planned dates for the Great Javalina Hunt are in October? I've forgotten the exact dates and need to start laying some groundwork for that trip. Like taking 50% of our income each month and putting it away to buy diesel fuel so we don't go bankrupt!!! It's about 1600 miles from here to Tombstone, and when your rig only gets 8 mpg, you need a few bucks tucked away. And at THAT price, we better darn well catch a javalina with one of those flaming marshmallows!! I could have Ole ride the Harley out into the desert and scare them up for us, you know. Not even a javalina would mess with a biker dude.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about that gold dress...I liked it but I too do not like puffy sleeves...a little to "Bo-Peepish" for me. I love the blue dress...not sure, I'd like it in brown and I also don't do square necklines well...much prefer a scoop. Chaos told me she thought the Javelina Hunt was weekend of Oct. 24....I hope so because I just reserved the week off and a room for Oct 24 - Oct 27.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately puffy sleeves are back in style again. Whose idea was that? I am soooo happy that you are going to the Javelina hunt, too!!! Gonna be wonderful to meet you in person!!

Anonymous said...

ah puffy sleves I remember it well! Too bad the dress was such a bummer irl.

I don't think even a lab would mess with a biker dude in a flannel shirt. Maybe lick him but not mess with him.

Happy Dress hunting

harrietv said...

My husband, of course, had to wear a "tuck" for our son's wedding. (He called it a tuck 'cause he only needs one.) Now, he's not mobile enough to be driven to a shop and have his measurements taken; Son measured him, and then I did.

I pointed out that his hip measurement was the same as his waist -- he has no behind any more -- so they really ought to fit him with suspenders rather than a belt. Who listens to a woman? That flash of bright blue in the group videos? Whoops!

Anonymous said...

We're thinking around October 23 - 26. Early birds on the 22nd.

WOOTNESS

bluesleepy said...

Kurt doesn't even own a suit. Any time he has to get dressed up, he wears his uniform. He even wore his uniform to our wedding!! Once he retires, though, I'm sure he'll have the same problem as Ole does, with the suits shrinking each year!!!