Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Where Chocolate Easter Eggs Originate


I think Lovely Daughter was about three years old one Easter when Ole and I decided to have a bit of extra fun with her and her Easter basket.

The Easter basket was loaded with the usual things - the hollow chocolate bunny, marshmallow filled eggs, peeps, and of course her favorite Cadbury eggs. I think there was a stuffed animal of some sort and a few clothing items. I had also bought a package of jelly beans.

The night before Ole and I put the basket together and Ole picked out all the black jelly beans. Then he proceeded to place them on the kitchen floor in a trail leading from the kitchen door over to the corner where her Easter basket was hidden. Fortunately the two dogs we had at that time didn't like jelly beans (snicker).

Easter morning she came tripping out of her room walking on her tip toes trying to be quiet thinking that she might actually catch the Easter bunny. Ole and I were sitting in the living room having coffee when she reached the kitchen door, let out a scream and came racing into the living room telling us all about how badly the Easter bunny had behaved by pooping all over the kitchen floor!! We finally convinced her that they were just jelly beans and that if she followed the trail she would find her Easter basket.

So, Easter bunnies, behave and don't leave a trail of bunny poop behind on Easter morning.

I've been feeding my wild bunnies all winter so I've got the real thing out on the deck. I don't have to resort to jelly beans this year!!





3 comments:

art sez: said...

hahahahaha!!! THAT is PRICELESS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your site looks so Eastery. Please don't tell me chocolate eggs are really easter bunny poop. Thank you for your wonderful supportive comment about my bad couple of days.

Yvonne said...

Lovely Daughter really would have freaked if Ole followed her to the Easter Bunnies poopies and ate one!