Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More of Lena's Secrets

Uh-oh - I've done it now!! I've been tagged by Paula over under the Tum Tum Tree, Hi, Paula (waves hand using parade wave) and this one requires a lot of thought. And being my brain is usually a bit on the mushy side this time of year - well, you'll see. I wouldn't get an "A" on this one - I'm afraid I'd get an incomplete. So here goes:

Five Things I Just Don’t Get:
1. Why some people glory in the misery of others (Jane)
2. Why George Bush gets blamed for EVERYTHING including the weather.
3. Why people don’t RSVP when they are asked to. Don’t they understand what it means?
4. Why some folks have to stretch the truth to suit their needs (Jane)
5. Why everything I eat goes to my waistline.

Other Than Money, I Wish I Had More Of:
1. Time
2. Computer skills
3. Patience
4. An interest in cooking (I’ve burned out)
5. Energy of a 25-year old

Five Least Favorite Words or Phrases:
1. The “F” word – I absolutely hate hearing anyone use it, especially females. Show a total lack of any intelligence whatsoever
2. Use of the word "Ain’t" - UGH!!
3. "I think you should have the finest of 'whatever' you can afford." (said with sarcasm)
4. "But we've always done it that way."
5. “Mean spirited Republicans” (good one Paula. There are just as many mean spirited Democrats as Republicans. And just because we don’t want to give the farm away doesn’t mean we’re mean spirited!! So there!!)

Five Famous People I’ve Spoken With In Person:
1. Ed Schaeffer – former governor or North Dakota and currently Secretary of Agriculture (he’s famous to ME)
2. Spiderman
3. Evel Knievel
4. G. Gordon Liddy
5. Sean Hannity

Five Things I Do Nearly Daily That I Don’t Enjoy:
1. Clean the cat box (Phew)
2. Vacuum dog hair
3. Empty the dishwasher
4. Cook
5. Clean up afterwards

Five Things I Wish I Had The Chance To Do More Often:
1. Quilting
2. Crocheting
3. Sleeping
4. Travel
5. Reading

Five Favorite Movie, Television or Literary Quotes:
1. “I’m older and I have more insurance.” Evelyn Couch in Fried Green Tomatoes
2. “You’ll shoot your eye out!” Ralphie’s Mom in the Christmas Story
3. “I’ll think about that tomorrow.” Scarlet O’hara in Gone with the Wind
4. “I can’t put my arms down!” Ralphie’s brother Randy in a Christmas Story
5. "Humbug I tell you, Humbug!" Ebenezar Scrooge in the original Christmas Carol


Five Things I Have Actually Done That Sound Like Lies:
1. International smuggling (I'll have to write about that some day.)
2. Worked for the Mafia in Chicago
3. Actually kept my mouth shut and temper contained when I would have liked to have "spewed" all over someone.
4.
5.


Five People I hope Will fill This Out:
1) Lovely Daughter
2) MN Lady
3) Holly
4) Shearmadnez
5) Art

Well, there you have it Folks. Have a great day - I've got a lot of miles to cover today so had best get busy.

Love Lena

6 comments:

bluesleepy said...

Every time we bundle Gracie up, we tell her, "Put your arms down when you get to school!!" She has no clue what we're saying (she's too young for the movie), but she giggles anyhow.

"Meat loaf, beet loaf, I hate meat loaf!!" We say that one a lot too.

I'm so stoked that this year we're staying home. I can watch the 24-hour marathon of A Christmas Story all day if I want to!!

Anonymous said...

Dang right you better give it up about smuggling! Dish it!

art sez: said...

i know about the smuggling~! you told the tale the other day!! hehe!!! as for this meme, i done it already!

Unknown said...

WOW! You got to meet Sean Hannity!

YankeeChick said...

"1. The “F” word – I absolutely hate hearing anyone use it, especially females. Show a total lack of any intelligence whatsoever"

I'm sorry I'm such a potty mouth, sniff,sniff...... it's one of my favorite words...when used in moderation, of course. Does this mean you only read 1 out of 10 of my posts??? I feel like Pond Scum..........I promise I won't use that word in Tombstone.....(unless someone else says it first)

Anonymous said...

Like Shear says..."wow, you got to meet Sean Hannity?" I love your post cards. I have a collection of over 2000 of them. Once I started buying them I couldn't stop. The ones with Santa are actually quite valuable for post card. You have a nice collection there.