Monday, November 19, 2007

Viktigpetter

I’ve officially gotten viktigpetter. For you poor souls who aren’t of ScandihOOvian background, that’s means I’ve gotten a big head!! Thanks to Poolie and Art – it’s all their fault (snicker).

Poolie tagged me to list five blog sites that have influenced my writing. And Art called me the Norwegian Princess who has given him incites into small town living. (Puts hands to mouth to whisper: I do so love Art, but let’s keep that to ourselves. We wouldn’t want Ole to find out, okay?)

Thanks for the compliments, both of you. When I started writing, I never for the life of me ever thought I would influence anyone – I just wanted to do it for the entertainment value (my own), just to see if I could actually do it because I've never considered myself a writer, and to occasionally vent. Those of you who have read me for a while know I’ve certainly done a bit of that (see Jane, see Jane run, see Jane run before she gets SMACKED!) But – on to more important things.

The blogger who had the biggest influence on me was my Lovely Daughter. I think she started writing back about the year 2000 or so. She would talk about all the people that she met through journaling, etc., and I thought it sounded so interesting. Meeting folks from all over the world from all walks of life while sitting in front of your computer just had to be a positive experience, so I thought I would give it a try. (And now I devote WAY too much time to this *&#@% computer, but don’t tell Ole, okay? Sometimes he wonders why his undies don’t get washed, teehee.) She designed my first website for me over at Diaryland, and things just grew from there.

And then there’s KitchenLogic. She was the first blogger to leave an entry on my page and I remember how thrilled I was that someone was actually reading the drivel that I wrote. Shortly after I started writing someone left one of those nasty comments, like some folks are prone to do. Not knowing at that time how ugly things can get in the journaling world, it broke my heart and I made note of the fact that I was going to quit writing. KitchenLogic immediately responded, educated me in that respect of the blogging world and helped me develop a thicker skin. No wonder I look like an alligator sometimes.

Art has been not only a positive influence on my writing but also on my life. He’s had a lot of bumps in the road along the way and has managed to overcome them. His bumps have made mine look like pebbles that I shouldn’t even feel. He’s a great example of how to climb out of the hole when you have those down days. Thanks, Art.

Another is a former fellow Minnesotan, the Pie-Rat. No matter what happens in her day she’s always got something positive to say. What a wonderful outlook on how to have fun and a good life in general.

And last but not least is Cosmicrayola. She’s been doing this for many years and generates a lot of stability in the blogging world. I think she’s a wonderful example of a positive attitude, and turning lemons into lemonade. She’s another that has had more than her share.

Now my assignment (if I choose to accept it) is to tag five more journalists to tell us who the five bloggers or web sites are that have influenced their writing. Here goes – are you ready? Isn’t the anticipation just killing you?

Lovely Daughter (aka Katress)

Forty Plus

MN Lady

KitchenLogic

Moody Gemini

Have at it Ladies. The World anxiously awaits your entry.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I never knew that. I wish that I had more time to write anymore, but family (you guys, Rob and the pets) take up more of my time. That and the whole job thing. I'll have to sit down and do this sometime this evening.

Kathy said...

Well, ain't you just the sweetest thing?! Yes you are! And you make that thick skin look good! Now stop taking up all of lovely daughter's time so she can update more!

Anonymous said...

You are just the sweetest! YAY! Go you!

art sez: said...

viktigpetter!!! wheeeeee!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you never quit writing. :)