Tuesday, April 15, 2008

May I present the YaYa's

And heeeerrrreee's the YaYa's!! (sounding like Johnny Carson).



L to R: Barb, Carol, me, & Chris

Now, none of us look like we're - - - - oh, never mind - I'm not going to tell you how old we don't look!!


We got together again this afternoon and had a grand old time. Ole always asks me what we talk about - today we yakked from 4 o'clock until after seven and still could have yakked longer. But I guess we'll save some for next time. One of the gals, Donna, was missing tonight.

Barb, on the left, was/is a twin. Her sister died from a type of thyroid cancer about ten years ago. Donna, the missing YaYa, is also a twin, whose sister also died almost 20 years ago now, from a form of skin cancer. How sad.

So we'll get together again when Ole and I come back from our trip the end of May.

Yes, we're finally going to get out of here - headed for the Great Smokey National Park and the Tail of the Dragon Highway - 318 curves in 11 miles going across the Smokey Mountains. Of course we'll see and do other things but that's the big draw for us at this point. Diesel fuel just turned to $4 a gallon here today, and consdering the tank in the RV is about 130 gallons, we may be headed for bankruptcy. I'll be sending emails out through the trip, as I usually do - so if you get one stating that we're stranded in Podunk, Tennessee and can't get fuel - just send money - okay?

We're pulling the Harley in a trailer behind the RV, and that's the only transportation we'll have once we get to our destination. So at least that will be cheap. I don't look much like a Motorcycle Mama in the picture above, but believe me, when I get duded up you wouldn't know me. Poolie was speaking the other day of running into her chiropractor at a Harley gathering that took place at her museum and having a difficult time recognizing him. I guess there's nothing like leather to change one's appearance!!

See, that way I can come to the Great Javalina Hunt in October incognito (neener) because Ole says we're bringing the Harley then, too. So, you Javalina Hunt planners, when you're making plans, make sure wearing chaps is appropriate at all events (snicker). I promise I'll wear something under the chaps too - not just chaps!! (Did I say that in my out loud voice??) After all, riding on the back of a Harley in a long flowing skirt to get to your destination could cause a problem or two - like getting wound around the spokes of the back wheel or some such thing . . .

Well, Folks, that's about all the old brain has got for tonight. I need to go make some ZZZZs so I can get up early for my dentist appointment (yuck)!!

Love Lena

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't tease me. Are you really going to make an appearance in Tombstone? With my boyfriend? Er, I mean Your husband? Awesome!

Oh and "318 curves in 11 miles" You really counted them, didn't you?

I heart you.

art sez: said...

remember, if you run outta gas money, you can get a gas voucher from the salvation army!! heheee!! $4 a gallon for diesel?? yikes!!!

bluesleepy said...

I think it's so cool you ladies have been friends for so long! And I bet you look smashing in your leathers!!!

Anonymous said...

Now you make me wanta get some too. I wonder if my kids would faint if I came home in leather. I know the dogs would love me. :)

Looks like a fun group you got there. I bet you could write a book on those stories!

Anonymous said...

Are you getting a tattoo to go along with all that leather?

Anonymous said...

Ya-Ya's! Sounds kinda like our Tater Queens. No buttless chaps in Tombstone???? Bum...errr.

Anonymous said...

I just clicked on Kitchenlogic and got a screen that says she's deleted her diary. I know she's a friend of yours, so I thought I'd check with you to make sure she's ok. She's one of my favorite diaries, if she's really gone...I may cry.

YankeeChick said...

Thanks for sharing your Ya-Ya group. That is so awesome that you keep getting together!

I associate you so much with riding the Harley that I just might recognize you in your Leathers! And I'll be the one in the cowgirl boots! Woot!!

Anonymous said...

Ole doesn't even need the CCW permit here, because it's an open carry state. Yep, I can carry a gun openly on my hip. Though you might check to see if your state reciprocates with Arizona on the permit anyway. Always a good thing to have handy!