Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's raining texture on my head

Business first: Does anyone know how to contact Golf Widow? She was kind enough to send me a message about my post The Latest on Beau. She discovered someone named Daniel had copied my post word for word (see it here: http://daniel67smith.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E94FCB7E142C2D25!146.entry) and I wanted to write and thank her. But after searching through her web site I can find no link that allows me to contact her directly.



Not that there's anything really important in my entry, but sheesh, the guy must not have a life of his own at all if he's got to copy entries like that in order to have something to post. I read through a number of his entries and they ALL look like they've been copied from somewhere else. What a nut case!!



THE CEILINGS ARE DONE!! I think I wrote previously that three rooms in my house (all on the south side) had ceiling damage from a hail and rainstorm that took place last September. The hail damaged the roof and it leaked and I had sheet rock hanging down in my dining room, cracks in the sheet rock in both the computer room and the guest room. The drywall guy started on Monday and finished yesterday - hallelujah! I thought it would take weeks - fortunately it didn't because I think it would have driven me nuts - or at least nuttier than I already am. It's not fun having half your house encased in plastic and all shoved into the corners of the rooms. AACCKK!



And I expected the repairs to cause an awful mess - you know - sheet rock dust flying all over. He had to scrape the texture off the ceilings and that flew all over, but the rest wasn't bad. He had a special vacuum that he used as he scraped and sanded that sucked everything up - it had three filters so it was pretty clean. I SO VIVIDLY remember a year ago when Ole did some repair work on the walls in one of our bathrooms - it involved taping and mudding and sanding and even though he used a vacuum at the same time - the vacuum didn't have all those filters and I had that damn sheet rock dust ALL OVER the house. What a mess.



The texturing needs to dry for a couple of days and then Ole can paint on Saturday. You notice I said OLE, not Lena!! I do a good job of supervising and playing "gopher." You know - go fer this and go fer that. We have a vaulted ceiling in the living room/dining room - 15 feet on the high side - and I don't do real well climbing ladders. The first step up and I could swear I'm on the top of Mount Everest right there in my own living room!



You wanna hear more on Jane? If you're tired of that subject, just skip this paragraph. Remember our big toodo where I finally stood up to her and told her that her flapping lips had caught up with her? Well, not exactly in those words, I was a bit nicer - but not much. Anyway, last Monday night - half price burger night at the Watering Hole - she came prancing in at 7:30. She had spent the last two hours imbibing at a bar in town on her way home from work. So she was a bit on the wasted side. Prior to her arrival everyone had been yakking and laughing and just having a generally good time. She waltzed in and the whole atmosphere changed. It was like there was a pink elephant in the middle of the room and no one wanted to address the issue. She happened to sit across the table from me - and never during the entire time I was there did she - could she look at me let alone say a word to me. She foamed at the mouth to everyone else so it was quite obvious she was either punishing me (yeah, right) or too embarrassed to look at me. Oh well, her loss, not mine!!



Nothing else of interest today - at least not yet as it's still pretty early. My life over the last few days has consisted of watching ceiling texture fall to the carpet. Not everyone can say THAT!!

9 comments:

art sez: said...

that is so creepy!! why in the world would some retard copy your post word for word? sheesh!! how is beau doing BTW?

bluesleepy said...

HA! Love that paragraph about Jane. She's going to get her comeuppance, and it's going to be soon! Then she'll be sorry for all the jaw-flappin' she's been doing!

Congrats on getting your ceilings fixed with a minimum of mess!

golfwidow said...

My mom (l-empress) emailed me that you were looking for me ... I just wanted to say I'm glad I could help. I don't really understand plagiarism, but I try to put a stop to it when I see it. It's horrible to write from your heart and see someone else copy and paste your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone copy someone else's blog? Really strange. I don't think his elevator goes all the way to the top floor.

Anonymous said...

What the ??? Blankety blanky... That is just so creepy that someone stole your post like that. Freeky. One of the major things that creaps me out about the internet.

Anyways. What a PLEASURE it must have been to have Jane "mad" at you like that. Made you blessed not to have her cat-er-walling at you.

I need to untexture my ceilings at some point I hate what the prior owners did to the place.

We hit -15 this morning... Must be -50 there... right?

Yvonne said...

That's just creepy. Yuck. Hopefully he'll move on. Maybe he and Jane should get together.

Anonymous said...

It is weird that someone would copy entires from someone else and I wonder if something else is going on...I once had my site hijacked...I wonder if maybe you entry got into that guys blog through some kind of spy ware or something that is maybe using the stuff in yours and other blogs to affect this guys blog for some sinister reason that has nothing to do with the blog itself...I'm thinking what's the point of copying randome entries....I also wonder how Gold Widow stumbled upon it...with millions of blogs out there....how does someone come across the same entry in two blogs....this is odd and interesting.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Jane, the pink elephant, is such a junior high weakling. How is Beau and Daisy?

Anonymous said...

I'm inclined to think Daniel might copy random blogs for his own academic purposes, like having something to translate or learning to speak English or analysing text or something. It's all a bit bizarre to contemplate otherwise. Love, R xxx