Friday, January 25, 2008

I HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL NEWS!!

Beau is MUCH MUCH better. And thanks to all of you who have sent emails wondering what the latest status is. It's so heart warming to know that there are so many folks concerned about something that is so important to our family.


When Dr. Green came back into the exam room after taking and reading Beau's X-rays she had a big smile on her face, so we knew things were better. There is just a shadow of fluid still in his body cavity, but the majority of it is gone.


She wants him back for another x-ray in two weeks, and we are to continue with the antibiotics. I'm sure there will be follow-up x-rays for a long period of time just to keep tabs on things. She said he may possibly be on antibiotics for three to six months to get this completely cleared up and assured that it doesn't come back again.


Also, he's picked up a pound and a half so you can't see his ribs and backbone anymore. Daisy on the other hand, weighed in almost 10 lbs. heavier than she did last time she was in. She's been excessively benefiting from all the treats that Beau gets to get him to gain weight. You know you can't feed one without treating the other equally!!


Beau actually wasn't supposed to have his x-rays until this morning (Friday), but Daisy took a turn for the worse with her "bodily functions" so we ended up bringing her in yesterday. She was back to vomiting up everything she eats and having bloody diarrhea.





After a thorough exam and blood work Dr. Green's conclusion was that Daisy has been under a lot of stress during Beau's illness and has possibly developed a case of colitis, just like people. So she's on small amounts of prescription food several times a day along with antibiotics. We're just a pill-pushing household, here. There's so many pill bottles sitting around we've had to designate specific areas for each consumer so things don't get mixed up.

Doesn't that just make your day? It certainly makes mine.

Now I have to tweak your curiosity a bit.

Remember me standing up to Jane and talking back to her? Then the fact that the next time I saw her at the Watering Hole she wouldn't look at me or talk to me? Did I tell you that I wrote Dick an email and asked if I could talk to him privately at some point and he responded with yes?

Well - this morning after Ole had left for the gym there was a knock on the door. It was Dick. I knew what he was there for, invited him in and gave him a cup of coffee. I'll have to write about the rest next time after I've gathered my thoughts better.


9 comments:

Yvonne said...

I am so pleased about Beau and poor Daisy will improve right along with him.

You'd BETTER make another entry today about Dick's visit! What a tease you are. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Such good news about Beau! And I am holding Daisy's recovery in my heart. And yes....what did Dick have to say?????????????

YankeeChick said...

I'm so glad to hear about Beau!! And I'm sure Daisy will be just fine once her partner in crime is back to snuff!

And, please! Hurry and get your thoughts gathered, you tease!!

Anonymous said...

Talk about a cliffhanger!!!!!!

JustMe said...

noooooo dont leave us hanging! glad beau is better, hes too handsome to be sick!

bluesleepy said...

Wow, what a handsome dog your Beau is! So glad to hear he's doing so much better!!!!!

But what a cliffhanger to leave us on! Sheesh.

art sez: said...

i know what happened!! dick finally got up the courage to kick jane out and get a divorce!!! im SO HAPPY BEAU IS HEALING!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Beau is on his way back to good health...although I am sorry to hear Daisy is now under the weather....poor things. OK...now hurry up and write about the conversation with Dick I'm dying to know!!!

Anonymous said...

Dancing for joy!!!! Mr. Beau is feeling better. I am sure Daisy will follow suit soon. Isn't it amazing how they just become so important in our lives?

Daughter was hysterical last night when raven wasn't on her hook in the back yard. She was in the front yard but Daughter was beside herself.

Good news on Beau!!!