Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bingle Jells, Bingle Jells

So the tree is fixed and is sparkling once again thanks to Ole's electrical genius. I put my last cards and letters in the mail yesterday. My baking is done, or as much as I'm going to do, thanks to Ole and Lars. Ole delivered some goodie trays for me this morning, I've got a couple more to put together and get delivered. I've bought my Christmas groceries. I did that yesterday and the store was already a zoo. But I still haven't wrapped my packages.

I think things are starting to come together with the exception that I still have to clean up the disaster that this house has turned into. I have one more project to work on for Lars, but I can't go into that here because I think he reads sometimes (whisper, whisper, sneak, sneak). But even if I don't get that one done until Monday that will be plenty of time.

I have a fun gathering to look forward to this afternoon - remember I told you about some old school girlfriends that got together last month and we decided to do it every month. Well, today is the day. We're meeting about 4:00 at one of the gal's houses. I'm going to go through my boxes and dig out a bunch of old pictures and bring along. That should prove to be a riot or two, you think?

So here's a shot of Ole, Lovely Daughter and Lars getting the tree put together before we discovered that it was broken.



Below are the guard doggers making sure no one steals the Christmas ornaments before they get put on the tree.


This is Lovely Daughter's newest fur baby, Medora. She's a riot. First thing she did was try to climb the tree of course.



"Can't you guys give me a bit more help here?"


I think Senior Citizen Simon had too much egg nog!!


Here's the tree in it's final state.


This is a little video I took of Ole and his chicken ornament. At least you can get an idea of how the tree sparkles. Anyway, I bought this Hallmark ornament for Ole a long time ago, just on a lark. It's three chicken sitting on nests in a coop. When you punch the button they cluck Jingle Bells. Turn up your volume and you'll be able to hear it. Leave it to Ole to be enthralled by some chickens clucking Jingle Bells.



7 comments:

Yvonne said...

His chickens! Love it.

bluesleepy said...

Wow, that tree is LOVELY!!!

And I love how you include your pets in your holiday festivities. Great photos!!!

art sez: said...

i was in the middle of reading this when doyle called! guess where im commenting from!!!! i love your tree!!! and lovely daughters new furpal has big ears!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Medora is so pretty! The grand doggers are all nestled and snug...er...guarding the ornaments. Your tree is beautiful and I love love love Ole's chicken ornament. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

That's just the size tree I need for my house but Mike says only a big ol needle dropping real one will do. I love that red striped chair. You have a lovely home as well as a lovely daughter.

Anonymous said...

Yep! The grand doggers don't look too excited about the whole prospect but seem to be waiting just incase a crumb should come their way.

The ornament looks like something my hubby would love too.

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Such cute chickens! And such fierce guard doggers!