Sunday, November 4, 2007

There's Something Rotten in Ole & Lena Land

Do you want to see something absolutely disgusting? If not - don't read/look any farther. I'm almost embarrassed to show you this, (but I will anyway.)

I had homemade meatballs and gravy with mashed potatoes and other vegies for supper the other night. This is one of my family's favorite meals so of course I invited Lovely Daughter and Lars over for supper. The grand doggers are here all the time anyway, so I didn't HAVE to invite them (ha)! Now, mind you, the doggers are quite well behaved during meal time, so we don't have to put them out of the room at all. They each flop down on the floor, one on each side of Ole, and stay there until we're done eating. No begging, no whining, just making the floor into an obstacle course if you should happen to have to get up from the table to get something.

But when we're done eating it's a different story. How they know when everyone is done I have yet to figure out. But when the last fork is put back down on the table it's like it signals them to get up off the floor and start looking pitiful. And believe me, they are masters of the pitiful look. You'd think they hadn't been fed for a month. And they don't give up until the table is cleared.

So the other night it seemed that everyone's eyes were bigger than their stomach and we all had leftovers on our plates - none of us were members of The Clean Plate Club. So THIS is what happened: Now remember - if you don't like to look at disgusting things - don't look any farther.


There now - do you think they're spoiled - just a little bit? They would eat rocks if someone fed them from a spoon. The only thing we've found that Beau won't eat is broccoli. But Daisy will eat that if she thinks Beau is going to get it. Just a bit of competition there.

Let's see - what else has happened. Not much. Ole started coming down with the Creeping Crud on Friday night, so he spent a portion of yesterday checking his eyelids for leaks. I don't think he found any though, as every time I checked on him he was snoring.

I'm on a roll, too, just like Kitchen Logic, only I'm not doing something CONstructive. I'm being more on the DEstructive side. I've been going to clean the garage for the last month and finally got started on Saturday. Now this is more than just a sweeping up of all the dirt and sand that comes in on the floor. I got so enthused that I started going through all the cabinets that line two walls of the garage and chucking stuff into the trash can or making a pile in the middle of the floor for Ole to take out to his shop. He has this habit of bringing stuff/tools/equipment in from the shop if he has to use it in the house, and then never bringing it back out. Pretty soon the cabinets are full of HIS stuff and I have no room to store things that should be in the garage. So yesterday he got up enough gumption to haul it all back out to the shop. We had half the pickup box loaded with stuff. Now I've even got some empty shelves and drawers.

I'm so excited about this I'm going to go through all my closets and cabinets in the house this winter, too!! And then maybe by the time I get to that point I'll have lost my enthusiasm.

Oh, well. Such is life. Speaking of cleaning and the garage - I better get to it, ya' think?

5 comments:

art sez: said...

so, wheres the disgusting? i feed zipper like that all the time! nothing wrong with this video! i think its cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't clean! You'll make us all look bad!

YankeeChick said...

Not disgusting at all!! Do it all the time at our house, especially spaghetti on a fork. And how is a cat supposed to eat ice cream, if not from a spoon?!?

JustMe said...

yeah when i get the urge to organize the garage, i lie down until it goes away.

Anonymous said...

That's not disgusting. They have pretty good table manners for doggies.