Thursday, October 4, 2007

We're Outta Here


Well, Folks, I have all the necessities of life loaded in the RV, Ole's out loading the Harley in the trailer, and then we're off - that is IF we can get out of the driveway.


Two days ago the County Road crew decided to rip of the highway for a half mile stretch out in front of our house. Yesterday when I ran to the post office I had to hurdle a windrow of groundup asphalt that rubbed the tummy of my car. It even rubbed the underbelly of Ole's truck, which sits up high enough that I need a step ladder to climb in. Not that the RV won't get through a pile of asphalt that high, but it will create a rocking motion that will empty all the cupboards!! And THAT aint a pleasant thing to have happen!!

Anyway, we're outta here - I'll be in touch in a couple of days.


BTW - see that little green arm on the right side of Wisconsin? That's where we're going. Bet you didn't know where Door County was, didja??

10 comments:

art sez: said...

im shocked to admit, ive never been to door county, nor have i ever heard of it!!! happy trails!! bee safe!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I did know were Door County was, but that's only because I am a born Wisconsinite. However, I have never been there. Go figure!!! When I lived in Wisconsin, most of our short vacations were spent in Minnesota. Have a great time, Lena!!!

Anonymous said...

Door Country ... Sounds interesting. :) Can't imagine what you would make in Door country? would it be doors?

lol, Have a safe trip and I hope your bump left overs don't hurt too bad.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know but now i do. Sucks big time about the Ass-phalt stuff. Have a good trip and bring back pictures.

Anonymous said...

We went to Door County 3 years ago on vacation. Actually stayed in Egg Harbor in Door County. It should be beautiful there this time of year. I'm jealous of you getting to ride your Harley while you're there. Have Fun.

Anonymous said...

Such amazing things one learns when reading your blog! Enjoy your trip to Door County. Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time...Being a fellow midwesterner...I know where Door County is...it's beautiful...I look forward to hearing about your trip. Where did you get that cook Viking on a bike gif?

Yvonne said...

Have a great vacation. I hope the weather is perfect for riding!

Anonymous said...

Yippee we get to go on another trip with you! Have a safe trip. Are we there yet?