Saturday, October 13, 2007

Everybody's doing it

Okay – all the popular Kids are doing this so I thought I’d try to be one of the group.

1. Spell your name as it sounds.
Lee-nah Soo-wen-sun

2. Are you available?
That depends – for what?

3. What is your favorite number?
Three

4. Favorite color?
Periwinkle or a bright sunny yellow

5. Least favorite color?
Army green

6. When is the last time you cried?
Can’t remember

7. What should you be doing right now?
Finishing cleaning out the RV to get it ready for winter


THE CANS:

1. Can you blow a bubble?
You betcha’ – how big do you want?

2. Can you touch your toes?
I don’t think I could do that even when I was a tiny baby!

3. Can you whistle?
Yes, loud enough to call the doggers when they’re out of sight

4. Can you wiggle your ears?
Why would I want to?

5. Can you roll your tongue?
That consists of being acrobatic, and I’m NOT.

6. Can you tie a cherry stem with your tongue?
See #5 above


THE DIDS:

1. Did you ever want to be a doctor?
Absolutely not – couldn’t deal with all the blood and guts

2. Did you ever receive an engagement ring?
Yes, on December 25th, 1966.

3. Did you ever want to be a fire fighter?
No, but I’m married to one – he’s a volunteer.


THE DO’S:

1. Do you believe in God?
Yes.

2. Do you know how to swim?
I like my water in the shower only, thank you.

3. Do you like roller coasters?
When I was a kid, yes. Now that I’m older they don’t sit well.

4. Do you own a bike?
Several – my favorite one has the old fashioned fat tires and you sit up straight to ride it.

5. Does your car get good gas mileage?
At this point I only run about one tank of gas through my car in a month so I really don’t care.

6. Does your family have family picnics?
If you call grilling on the deck a family picnic, we have lots of them. My family isn’t very big anymore – just me, Ole, Lovely Daughter and Lars.

7. Does your home have a bookcase?
Two walls worth in the family room in the basement, and 2/3 of the shelves are filled with books.


THE HAVES:

1. Have you ever been to Canada?
Many times. We only live 150 miles from the border.

2. Have you ever gone fishing?
Ugh. When we were kids my father would make us go fishing every weekend. He had a pontoon on the lake, run by a car engine so that thing really scooted around the lake. He was an avid fisherman and insisted that be family time. So we went whether we wanted to or not. To this day I don’t like to fish nor do I like to eat fish.

3. Have you ever seen a celebrity?
Many. When Ole was still working we were sent on company vacations on an annual basis. They always had big name entertainment at least one night. People like Dolly Parton, Jay Leno, Charlie Pride, Ray Stevens, The Statler Brothers, Ray Charles, Elton John, and on and on.

4. Have you ever been on a motorcycle?
I put on many thousand miles a year on the back of a Harley. We just returned from a bike trip to Door County in Wisconsin, and spent six weeks riding through Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota last summer. Yes, I have been on a motorcycle.


THE HOWS:

1. How much money do you have on you right now?
Not a dime – it’s all in my purse.

2. How many cars have you owned?
Oh, my gosh – let’s see

1) 1950 Nash Rambler with fold-down seats when I was in high school. My Dad bought it for me!!
2) 1963 Corvair Spyder Monza – first car purchased when I was working.
3) 1967 Mustang brand new off the showroom floor. Cost me $2800 and had lots of bells and whistles.
4) 1969 Volkswagon Bug purchased brand new in Iceland and shipped back to the States.
5) 1972 Ford Thunderbird (gas hog)
6) 1980 Grand Caravan
7) 1985 Pontiac van – I don’t remember what model but it was the one that had the sloped front window with a dash so big you coulud play army on it
8) 1990 Caravan
9) 1995 Caravan
10) 1999 Venture Van
11) 1975 Corvette – red with t-tops. Was my 25th wedding anniversary present from Ole.
12) 1966 Mustang – given to Lovely Daughter as a college graduation present
Is that enough? I can’t remember anymore.

3. How many jobs have you had?
Oh boy, here goes again
1) Waitress behind a soda fountain in a dime store when I was in high school. Ole worked in the department store right next door after school, sweeping floors, washing windows, etc. So on Saturdays when we were both working he would come over for his coffee break and I would take my break at the same time. Isn’t that sweet?
2) Secretary for an accounting firm
3) Secretary for a local hotel/motel in town – an upper midwest chain. That was one of the most fun jobs I had and probably the best boss I ever had too. I eventually took over the reservation department and moved on to be sales manager. Loved that job and would do it again in a heartbeat if I could have the same boss. But he’s retired too – so I guess that won’t happen.
4) Secretary for the Commander of the Supply Department of the NATO base in Iceland
5) Secretary for the president of a life insurance company
6) Office Manager for a law firm
7) Worked in the Placement Department of a local state college
8) Secretary in the Spanish Department at a local private college. I lasted there eight years until the chair of the department drove me absolutely nuts and I quit. Flat walked out on her one day. She was absolutely the worst boss I ever had. My leaving brought about an investigation of the department by the president of the college and she was eventually removed from her position as chair. I’ll have to write about that some day. That was quite an experience.


THE LASTS:

1. Last person you hung out with?
Ole

2. Last thing you said out loud?”
Go out and go potty.” I’m dog sitting the grand doggers today!!

3. Last time you ate at McDonald’s?
Can’t remember. McD’s isn’t my favorite fast food.

4. Last grade completed?
Still attending – life is an education every day

5. Last thing you bought?
Bananas and milk at the grocery store


THE WHATS:

1. What is the temperature outside?
48 at 12:30 P.M.
2. What time did you wake up?
Which time? 3:30 a.m., 7:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m.


NUMBER TWO SURVEY:

1. What is the last mistake you made?
I don’t make mistakes – I’m perfect (I wish).

2. Is the sun shining?
Brightly

3. Can you successfully blow up and tie a balloon?
Sure can – I’m still windy

4. Do you like text messaging?
Aaacccckkkk! NO!

5. What do you eat the most at your best friend’s house?
How about drink???

6. Boyfriend/Girlfriend?
Does that mean HAVE one or BE one?

7. Are you wearing any make-up right now?
No – it’s SATURDAY!!

8. What are your plans for later?
Get to cleaning out the rest of the RV, supper at the Watering Hole with The Circle and then a bonfire at Ted and Alice’s house. They’ve just built a new fire pit and want to initiate it tonight.

9. What is your favorite DDG song?
What ARE you talking about?

10. Is there any drama within your life?
Not at the moment. I really don’t like drama.

11. What is a song they need to stop playing on the radio?
I don’t listen to music on the radio. I enjoy talk radio, but got my fill of that driving back from Door County. Ole listens to talk radio ALL DAY!!


12. Are you happy with life right now?
Absolutely. What more could I want?

13. Does anyone like you?
I sure hope so. I know Ole does and I know Lovely Daughter does, and I know that Lars does, so I guess they’re the ones that really count.

14. What is your current obsession?
This darn blogging

15. Do you have a dog?
Well, now – do you mean TECHNICALLY or do I REALLY have a dog. Technically NO – REALLY I have two of them. Beau and Daisy are two German Shepherds that are owned by Lovely Daughter, but because she and Lars work all day they spend their days over here. We do Doggy Day Care. I’m in charge today because Ole is helping a friend (Dick) shingle his house.

16. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
As old as I am? Many times as I’ve celebrated a lot of Christmases.

17. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
Always. Us Midwesterners are very friendly.

18. Ever pulled your pants down in the street?
Never been THAT inebriated, thank heavens.

19. Do your toenails have nail polish on them?
Yup – but I’m making a pedicure appointment this week as they look pretty tough after spending a week in motorcycle boots.

20. When is the last time you wore eyeliner?
Yesterday

21. Last curse word you said was?
Oh, you DON’T want to know!!

22. Are your lips chapped?
Not usually. I keep them pretty well “greased.” Ole complains that he slips off when he tries to give me a kiss (snicker).

23. Are you currently jealous?
No – I outgrew that a long time ago. It’s a wasted emotion and never gains anything but heartaches or headaches. Take your pick.

24. Do you own an ipod?
Uh-uh. I don’t think I have a need for one.

25. Did you have a dream last night?
I suppose so but I don’t remember.

26. Are you mad at anyone?
Not currently. Although I harbor grudges and am currently working on several of those.

27. Who is the loudest person you know?
Undoubtedly Jane.

28. What is going on this weekend?
Supper at the Watering Hole with The Circle tonight and then over to Ted and Alice’s house for a bonfire. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

29. Done any spring cleaning lately
Well, not exactly – it’s fall – but I sure need to. I’ll get a man on that right away, okay?

30. Anything bothering you?
Yes, - one major item that has for over a year and probably will for the rest of my life because I don’t see any way to put closure to it.

31. Do you do cheerleading?
You are kidding - right?

32. Did you wish for anything last night on 11:11?
What is 11:11? A TV show? A time? What are you talking about?

33. Do you drink coffee on a regular basis?
Do you want to see me swing from the light fixtures?

34. Do you wish you were someone else?
Why?

35. What jewelry are you wearing?
Three diamond studs in my ears – two in one ear, one in the other. Two of them are from my old wedding ring and the third is one from Ole’s old wedding ring. He wears one stud in his ear from his old wedding ring also. We renewed our vows in Sturgis for our 35th wedding anniversary and bought each other new rings at that time. Otherwise all my jewelry sits in a dish by the sink on my kitchen counter until I leave the house.
Just an aside: He loves introducing me to people as his second wife and then talks freely about his first wife in front of me. You should see the looks on people’s faces! He eventually tells them that I am both his first and second wife which brings more strange looks, and then goes on to tell them that we renewed our vows. This time it took because the first time he kept his fingers crossed behind his back. Oh, that Ole. What a card.

36. Funniest thing that happened last night?
My whole life is hilarious so it’s hard to pick one thing.

37. Are you easily amused?
Very easily.

38. Can you lick your elbow?
Again – are you kidding?

39. Do you know this song, we stay fly no lie you know this?
Huh?

40. What piercings do you have?
Only ears – three in one ear and two in the other.

41. Do you have a crush right now?
Well, I’d have to say Ole for sure.

42. What are your plans over the summer?
What ARE my plans for next summer or what WERE my plans for this past summer? Next summer’s plans will include a bike trip to the Smokey Mountains in the eastern U.S. That would be late spring. Then possibly a bike trip to Banff National Park in Canada before we got to Sturgis which is always a given. If you want to know what we did this past summer – read my blogs.

43. How’s life going for you?
I can’t complain – and if I did what good would it do?

44. What is on your mind just this second?
That this is a LONG blog.

45. Favorite vacation spot?
Probably the Black Hills of South Dakota

46. Do you have on chap stick?
Not at the moment.

47. What hurts right now?
My knee and my back – but then they always hurt.

48. Do you like school?
Every day is an education so, yes.

49. Is this survey good?
A bit on the long side, but some interesting quesitons.

50. Sneak out lately?
Actually, yes. Yesterday. I was dog sitting and had to run to the store. I didn’t have the truck so had to take my car and really don’t want to put the doggers in the back seat because of all their hair.

51. Last thing you had to drink?
Water

52. Do you want a tattoo?
There will be no tattoos on this body when it goes to the grave.

53. Want any more piercings?
Nah – five is enough.

54. Single or taken?
Very taken. Over 40 years worth.

55. How long have you been single/taken?
See question above

4 comments:

art sez: said...

my turn!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I didn't realize that Our Ole was a volunteer firefighter, too! Really, when you're done with him - can I have him? Huh? Can I? Can I have him? Please? (K lo asks while putting on her running shoes before heading south)

Anonymous said...

I love reading that you and Ole met while you worked behind a soda fountain and you took your breaks together...reminds me of the old shows and movies that were pure Americana. I envisioned you two in black and white.

Yvonne said...

Great answers!