Saturday, September 22, 2007

There was a Hot Time in the Old Town Last Night

Last night was the big night. I got to meet Kitchen Logic face to face. She brought along her friend, Buzz and Buzz's daughter, Little Buzz. Little Buzz attends college here, (one I used to work at) so that was their excuse to drive all the way up to the Far North Land.

We had made arrangements to meet at the Watering Hole. Kitchen Logic expressed some concern about the fact that we wouldn't recognize each other - but THAT didn't happen. I spotted her the minute she walked in the door, as did Lovely Daughter. And she, in turn, recognized both of us immediately.

It was so much fun - almost as though we had known each other forever. And Buzz and her daughter look more like sisters than mother and daughter. There's definitely no mistake that they are related.

Anyway, there were a few drinks consumed, a few karaoke songs sung, and a lot of visiting that went on.

Lars, Lovely Daughter, Ole and I are quite tall people, as are Buzz and her daughter. When it came time to say goodbye and we all stood up, Kitchen Logic said she felt like she was in the land of giants. When Ole was going to give her a goodbye hug he had to squat down a bit so she could get her arms around his neck. BTW - a secret - shhhh - she wouldn't want this let out in public. In one of her blogs she said she doesn't hug. Well, that's not really true because we all got hugs before she left.

I had forgotten my camera (OLDZheimers) but fortunately she had hers and took lots of pictures. Hey, Kathy, don't forget to send me some, okay?

Anyway, we had a great time getting together and I can't wait to do it again, only next time in a quieter atmosphere where we can visit more and actually hear everything that everyone has to say. It was a bit noisy in there - you know how bars can get.

Now I have to get busy. I have to make a tuna macaroni salad for a barbecue that we're invited to tomorrow. I've got a cucumber salad waiting to be made and I've got enough ripe tomatoes to make another batch of salsa. Guess I have my work cut out for me, huh?

Love Lena

6 comments:

art sez: said...

its always good to meet dlanders in real life!!!

YankeeChick said...

OH!!! I am SO jealous!!! How awesome that you finally had your get together and had such a good time! But....you didn't mention Jane?!? Did KLo get to even SEE her?? Please, don't keep us hanging!!!

Anonymous said...

OH YAY! You got to meet Kathy! You are so lucky! And she is lucky too for having met you! We need pictures....lots and lots of pictures! Was Jane there, perchance?

Anonymous said...

Please add my Big Sister to your gmail notify list. She is whining. bholles@aol.com She thinks you are a crack up - cuz you are!

Anonymous said...

Just make sure you don't touch your eye when making that salsa.

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome that you got to meet a diarylander in person. really sounds like a hot time in the old town!!!!