Thursday, September 13, 2007

Neurotic Dogs and the KGB Spies

One of our grand dogs, Daisy, has got to be the most neurotic dog I’ve ever seen. She’s such a good girl, tries so hard to be perfect in everything she does, but she does some things that absolutely make you split a gut laughing.

For instance: Beau has allergies and at one point was put on prednisone to control his itching and constant scratching. Of course it did the trick, but after a period of time his eyes started to cloud over and we realized that we had to get him off the prednisone and onto something else that would ease his problems. I found a couple of things through a catalog that I get from Drs. Foster & Smith, gave them a try and they worked wonderfully. One of them is fish oil tablets, which I now buy at Wal-Mart at a much cheaper price.

So every morning and afternoon Ole gives Beau his pills and then they each get a milk bone. Well, it didn’t take long and Daisy realized that Beau was getting something in addition to the milk bone that she wasn’t getting. Now usually when you’re giving a dog pills you have to open his mouth, shove the pills into the back of his throat, close his mouth and wait for him to swallow. Not with Daisy – she’s so worried that she’s going to be left out that all you have to do is hand her the pill and she chews it up and swallows it down. Fish oil can’t possibly taste THAT good.

But last night took the cake. Last Monday we discovered a quarter-sized lump on Beau’s front leg. I called the vet and Beau was scheduled for surgery to have it removed the next morning. When he was put on the scale he had lost 10 pounds since he was in last spring. Not a good sign, but then he’s so active that he’s more than likely just run it off this summer. Daisy on the other hand has stayed the same and she runs just as much as he does – now isn’t that typical? Men always lose weight easily even in the land of DOGdom. It’s not fair.

But I digress. So Beau came home with a bandage on his leg from his paw up to his dog elbow, unfortunately wrapped too tightly so that his foot started to swell. The vet told us to remove it, put a tube sock over it and tape each end to his leg. Well – last night as Ole was changing his bandage Daisy was just beside herself. Once again, Beau was getting something that she wasn’t. So when Ole was all done wrapping Beau’s leg he cut a small piece of bandage, wrapped it loosely around Daisy’s leg, put some tape on it and she was happy as a clam. She pranced around showing off her bandage and even limped a little just for effect. Now doesn’t that just make you chuckle?

Now on to a more serious note. I feel like I’m being watched – spyed upon almost like the KGB. Yes, I understand that when you write an online journal it’s out there for the world to see and there’s no way to prevent anyone from reading unless you lock, which I certainly don’t intend to do. But due to a misunderstanding that took place a couple of years ago I no longer communicate with this person on a regular basis due to trust issues. Ole and I, along with Big Brother, were accused of things that were not true. This issue was not brought up for years and was allowed to fester until one day it just seemed to explode. The three of us were deeply hurt that we were thought of along these lines, and as a result I’ve been keeping my distance because I don’t want to take a chance on being put into a position like that again. Ole and Big Brother feel the same way.

This person is not a blogger that I’m aware of, so there won’t be a cyber war like there was with BoXx – at least I hope not. I just feel very uncomfortable having my blog checked many times a day. Site meters can certainly give you a lot of information, can’t they?

Like Ole says, you can’t UNRING a bell. Once words have been spoken, they may be forgiven but it’s very difficult to forget them.

10 comments:

art sez: said...

lena, i would not put too much into this, you guys are all right!! i hope whatever is bothering beau, that it will be fixed quickly!! some site meters are not accurate.

JustMe said...

i have 2 sitemeters... what one doesnt give me info on, the other does. come back to dland, and ban the IP!!

Anonymous said...

Gives me a moment of the shivers it does, when I hear a story like this. Then I pull myself together, get my stiff upper lip out of the drawer where it lives between needs, and get on with the day. I like banning IPs, too!

Anonymous said...

OMG! What a funny story! Daisy is crack up! The lurker thing is weird. I had a lurker from Germany who used to leave me horrendous comments, so I tried to ban the IP. Unfortunately, that only works with high-speed connections and she was using dial-up. I eventually wrote her an email in German and asked her to please leave me alone. It worked. Keep your eye on it and let us know if you need us to break out the online journal freedom fighters. We can do that!

pseudowife said...

It is most disconcerting having a lurker. I sincerely hope it won't frighten you into "doing a BoXx". Maybe just the fact that you have outed them here will stop them.

YankeeChick said...

Terrific doggie tales!! Too funny. But I'm sorry to hear about your lurker. I don't understand why folks just can't leave well enough alone! I have a lurker, too. I know who it is, there's just nothing I can do about it unless I go back to D~Land. Lately, it just gives me a daily chuckle...not gonna worry about it! Hopefully, yours will back off now, tho'.

Yvonne said...

I love that Daisy story. I hope whatever was on Beau's leg wasn't serious and he'll heal to be A-OK. Lurkers are a funny sort - hopefully yours will get bored and go away ... although you'll have to stop being so entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Daisy sounds like a jealous little kid. hehehe. Sorry if you have a stalker/nut. I really don't understand what goes on in some people's heads. I've had a few nasty comments, but I've been lucky in that once I deleted them the person stayed away.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable doggy story. Hope all is well with Beau's leg now that he had the lump removed.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your lurker... I hope they clear out you are good people and don't want to lose ya like the whole boxx thing. I got to read her for all of 1 week sniff.

Anyways, Daisy and Raven must be sisters from another life. :) I love the fake limp thing.

Just a note - I haven't been online in a week so I am lingering so ... :) just me.

Don't worry be happy now!