Saturday, May 31, 2008

How to end the war on Terrorists

Mornin' Folks - Ole here.

Lena's busy cooking in the kitchen and said she wouldn't have time for an entry today, so I'm just sneaking in here to put my two cents in. She's out there slaving over a hot stove cooking up a storm because we've got the threshing crew here today and they're going to be hungry. Well, actually it's the shingling crew. Dick, Ted, Scott, Lars, Lovely Daughter and I will be up on the roof ripping off all the old shingles and installing new ones.

Lena has told me that she rarely gets into anything political or religious on her blog - everybody has and is entitled to their own viewpoints and regardless of what you say you're never going to change someone else's - so she just leaves it alone. But - - I have some thoughts on how GW could end the war and come out smelling like a rose politically.

Here goes:

Send Service Vets over 60. I am over 60 and the Armed Forces think I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military.

They've got the whole thing ass backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old farts only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry. We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for awhile.

An 18 -year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at, and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling. (Uh-oh - here comes Lena with the rolling pin - Just kidding, Lena).

They could lighten up on the obstacle course, however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt. in the New army now, 'Get down and give me ... ER .. one.' Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone out run a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave and to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way. Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed-off old farts with attitude and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

If nothing else, put us on border patrol...we will have it secured the first night!

And that's all I have to say about that.

It's been fun, Folks. Enjoy your day!

Ole

13 comments:

art sez: said...

wheeeeeee!! i agree!! let us old farts back in! we will de-feet the terrorists in no time!! all we gotta do is pin em down and make em smell our feet!!! the odor will kill em instantly!!! hahahahaa!!!

JustMe said...

great post, Ole, but my comment is for Lena.. Boxx has never really gone away, she just thinks she can read and no one will know....

harrietv said...

I don't know, Ole. My husband, now 80 years old and early Alzheimers, can still remember his serial number, even if he can't remember what he had for supper.

bluesleepy said...

HAHAHAHA!! This was so funny, Ole, that I had to read it out loud to my husband. He was laughing the whole time I was reading. Thanks for the laugh!!

YankeeChick said...

Awesome post, Ole!! You really should start your own blog!

And Lena, how could you be so mean as to use the F word!! Why, I don't have a facetious bone in my Yankee body!!!!!!!!! Buwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Ole! You got this mess all figured out. Make me start a day without my coffee and I'd be willing to shoot terrorists too.

Anonymous said...

Ole, this was so funny I had tears streaming down my cheeks while reading it. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Ole, this made me laugh so hard I had tears streming down my cheeks. A classic!

Anonymous said...

great idea Ole! No terrorist could pull the wool over an old guy's eyes. Better still might be to send us old wives. Lord knows you old guys can't find a thing that's right in front of your face. But we wives, we know that the mayo is on the third shelf in the left corner before we even open the fridge door. We'd find those terrorists in no time!

Anonymous said...

Great entry, Ole! The friends here are right. You should start your own blog!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed you post Ole, Lena should let you sub for her more often.

Meggie Marchstives@gmail.com said...

I was really impressed with your boarder patrol suggestion.

Did you get your roof put back together before rain set in?

Anonymous said...

Wow Ole!! Awesome Awesome letter, I feel this way in mid 40's and I tell ya I wholeheartedly agree. :)