Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Morning After the Night Before



Half price burger night last night and we had quite a group for our little “club.” The table was full (9 people). Dick was there by himself because Jane, of course, was running the city offices until 7:30. I was anxiously awaiting her arrival to see how she would react regarding MY friends and YOUR friends. Ole made sure he sat next to Bob and I made sure I sat next to Carol (tweak, tweak). When she walked in she took one look at the table full of people, stopped at the popcorn machine and motioned Dick to come over to her. She told him she wasn’t hungry, she was going home, and turned around and left. So that was that. I didn’t even get a chance to harrass her even a wee little bit – dang.

Dick hung around for a while and was having fun, but kept looking at his watch as though he didn’t dare stay too long. I’m sure if he had he would have hell to pay when he got home.

Let’s see, what’s on the agenda for today. Lots of paperwork. That always takes so much time and when you’re done you can’t physically see that you’ve accomplished anything other than the checkbook is always a lot emptier. Then more paperwork – I’m the treasurer of an organization and we’re having our quarterly meeting tomorrow morning. So I need to have all my ducks in a row for that. I need to make sure they can’t tell that I’m embezzling large volumes of money (snicker). Then I have to design some fliers to advertise a luncheon that our group is putting on in May and I haven’t even started them yet.

Well, Ole wakes up one morning and remembers that it is Lena's birthday. Now Ole and Lena have been married for over fifty years so Ole goes shopping and tries to find a gift for her. He can not think of a single thing she needs.

Upon passing a lingerie store, Ole realizes that Lena has never bought any lingerie in her life. He gets the idea to buy Lena something sexy to make her feel good and young. Ole goes into the store and tells the clerk to wrap up the most expensive, sheerest negligee she has. Ole takes the gift and excitedly returns home to Lena knowing that he has been a fine husband.

Ole finds Lena in the kitchen and tells her to take the gift upstairs and unwrap it. He'll wait in the kitchen. Lena thanks him and goes up to the bedroom. Once the package is opened she realizes that this is something she's never had before. She also sees that it is so sheer it leaves nothing to the imagination.

She thinks for a moment and then decides that she'll really surprise Ole and go downstairs without any clothes on at all. So she leaves the negligee on the bed and starts down the stairs stark naked.

Lena calls out, "Ole, come out to the hallway and look." Ole walks out to the staircase, looks up at his wife, and exclaims, "I'm sorry Lena, all that money and they didn't even iron it!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could write a book on Jane and it would be funny. Now...my co-workers are all looking at me as I am laughing so hard..then you throw that joke in a...well...now they think I've completely lost it. (I read blogs at lunch time when I can)

Anonymous said...

Gosh just love your Jane stories, and I am getting the looks too when I giggle so loudly... too darn bad!

art sez: said...

but you DID harass jane!! by sitting next to YOUR friends, thats all it took!! she left!!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! BRAVO!!!

bluesleepy said...

"All that money and they didn't even iron it!!"

I am STILL laughing my butt off over here!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for sharing!!

YankeeChick said...

Ole needs to shop at more fancy schmancy lingerie shops! My Lord, but you are too funny! Heehee.

Anonymous said...

Ladybug, you slay me. You are so much fun to read. 'Scuse me while I wipe my monitor off because I spewed coffee all over it laughing at this entry.

Anonymous said...

Love the joke!!!! Unfortunately, it's hitting home a little too closely!!!!! LOL!!!