Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pay it forward and Rain

What a wonderful idea, and I want to join in the fun.

Pay It Forward! I will send a handmade gift to the first three people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this Pay It Forward exchange. I know exactly what that gift will be, and I guarantee you won't receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise cuz' what I have in mind is going to take a bit of time. The only thing you have to do in return is Pay It Forward by making the same promise on your blog.

So be one of the first three to comment and you'll get a surprise in the mail sometime within the next 365 days.

I have nothing fun to report today because it's been raining all day. The forecast predicted that it would break up by noon, but guess what, they lied. It's now 5:15 p.m. and it just quit. The sun is starting to come out so we may go visit the Hot Springs State Park this evening. I wanted to go to the dinosaur museum this afternoon, but it was raining heavy enough that we didn't venture out, and now it's closed. And we have to leave here tomorrow morning as we have reservations in the Teton National Park.

So it was an afternoon of watching movies, reading and napping. But then that's not bad either, is it? I bought the DVD of Roots a while back when it came out. I got through the first two-sided disc this afternoon. Very entertaining to me, but not Ole's kind of thing, so he's reading one of the books that Lovely Daughter sent along. She reads constantly and anything that she thinks he might like she sends over to our house. So she sent a supply along for both of us just for this kind of day. Thanks, Lovely Daughter.

So I've spent the afternoon crocheting on an afghan I started before we left home and watching Roots.

One of the nice things about traveling in the motor home is that Ole does the majority of the cooking. I just do the cleanup, which I don't mind. When we started traveling in the RV I bought a fairly expensive set of cookware to keep in here. He was so happy with it and wanted the same kind for the house (since he retired he's taken over more of the meal prep which is fine with me.) He loves to experiment and I never complain - just eat what he puts in front of me as long as I don't have to cook it. Anyway, awhile back I was out rummaging saling with a friend one Saturday morning and came across a complete set of Emeril cookware for $40. At the time I only purchased two of the pans of the set thinking Ole might like them because he watches Emeril all the time. When I brought them home he stuffed me back in the pickup and we went back to the rummage sale and purchased the remainder of the set. He was so thrilled - but now he wants Emeril cookware for the RV also. I told him only if I come across another deal like previously. Now all of a sudden the cookware we have in the RV doesn't measure up. Go figure.

I wonder what delectable delight he's going to fix for supper tonight? Last night we had mushrooms stuffed with crab - mmmm - good.

Well, sorry I don't have anything more interesting to write about, but then there are those kinds of days you know.

Remember, if you want to receive a handmade surprise from me within the next year be one of the first three to comment!


7 comments:

art sez: said...

can ole bake pies too??

Anonymous said...

I would love nothing more than a handmade Lena gift but alas, I can't guarantee to pay it forward as I barely have time to post let alone make handmade gifts. Nanoman owns me and until I can free myself from his employ, my free time is so very little. So, I'll have to pass on the pay it forward club but will comment anyway just because I love reading the Life and Times of Lena and Ole. What a luxury to have a day to sleep late, read and watch videos....and that cookin hubby of yours..what a doll. Crab stuffed mushrooms...yum!!!

Anonymous said...

Lena tell the rain to come this way!! I'm so sick of this hot weather I'd love to stand out in some cool rain.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have a cook onboard! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I'd buy my hubby pots 'n pans if he'd cook for me! Those crab stuffed mushrooms sound delicious. My tummy's growling just thinking about it. Stay safe and have fun! Can't wait for more pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'll pay it forward. Do I count even if I'm the daughter?

Love you Mom!

Anonymous said...

My hubby loves to cook, but leaves a royal mess all the time. We had worked out a plan were he did all the cooking if I did the laundry. I told him this weekend, I ain't doing his cloths anymore if he don't at least make 1/2 an effort to clean... He did exactly that 1/2 an effort.

why are men praised if they do housework, isn't it their house too..

Sorry to be crabby. It is nice when you get food cooked for you all the time. I suppose I am spoiled too much.