Friday, May 4, 2007

Da Latest Gossip

Okay - much less stress over here. This site is SO EASY to operate compared to Diaryland it's unbelievable. Any of you who are getting disgusted with Andrew's tactics need to take a look here and simplify your lives.

I discussed the entire "Diaryland issue" with Ole last night. Explained to him what was going on and what Andrew's fees were for a gold membership. Ole thinks they're highway robbery. He was in business for 30+ years, in sales where margins and profits are the Words of the Day. It's his opinion that Andrew should be making a killing only charging a buck or so a month if all his members were paying members. I would have gladly paid him a fee if his prices were fair, but they are a bit on the exhorbitant side for the service that you're getting. He's only driving himself out of business. Only ensuring that folks go elsewhere because they don't like his manipulative manner of doing business.

Okay - that's all on that front. I guess I've made my point.


On a brighter note, spring has officially arrived in Minnesota. I can tell by the chirping gold balls that decorate my tree in the backyard. The Gold finches are here in very large numbers and make the tree look like Christmas tree that glows.

And Mama Wren is back too - she wakes me every morning about sunrise with her very loud song that's right outside my bedroom window in a spruce tree. I think she's chewing out Man Wren for being so slow in finding a place to settle in. But then that's how males are, right? Take their own sweet time at things like that.

And some of Ole's fruit trees are in bloom. I managed to capture this yesterday. Seeing a Swallowtail butterfly in our part of the world is quite rare. Although there are a ton of other butterflies out already. Must be the warm days we've been having lately.

Although I suppose I better not hold my breath. Up here in the North Land strange things have been known to happen. Ole and I were married on the 6th of May and it snowed that morning!

Ya, it sure looks like Ole vill have plenty of fruit dis year to make his homemade wine. I yust have to make sure he has clean socks on vhen he gets in da tub to stomp on it!

Well, Folks, I need to head to town to the grocery store and lay in some supplies. We've invited a bunch of friends over on Sunday and we're putting on a bit of a "feed" to celebrate our anniversary. I gotta start cookin' today, and Ole's going to grille.

BTW, I'm working on getting a Notify List organized so that those of you who are interested in continuing to read me will know when I post the latest Gossip!! Everyone needs to sit and yak awhile over coffee and cookies, ya' know.

PS: Remember to post a comment - just click on the word "comment" down below . . .

3 comments:

art sez: said...

howdee lena!!!! love it love it love it!!! and good old ole is absolutely correct!!! oh such great pics!!

Anonymous said...

You know I want in on your Notify. But the e-mail is fine by me, too.

Anonymous said...

Your new site is so nice, it's tempting me to jump ship, too, but I haven't had major problems over at dland, it's just slow. Oh, and I don't need to be on your notify list (oldewoman@gmail.com) because I put your RSS feed in my Bookmarks, so I'll just check you there every day.

purple chai